Pizza Margarita is made on a simple homemade pizza crust, generously brushed with extra virgin olive oil, and usually prepared with Mozzarella cheese, Fresh tomatoes and a handful of basil leaves. but you can add any other toppings as you please...
You can’t go wrong with a classic like that one.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Rising Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
- 2-2 1/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 packet instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing bowl and dough
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 12 Fresh basil leaves washed, patted dry, and sliced into ribbons
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- 10 oz mozzarella cheese shredded or sliced
- Prepare your dough first by combining 1 cup of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil and water and use a wooden spoon to stir to combine. Add warm water and stir very well until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add remaining flour until completely combined and dough is sticky and cohesive and pulling away from the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil and place your dough in the bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge and allow it to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 425 F and line a pizza pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently deflate the dough with your hands and transfer to a clean, lightly floured surface. Dust dough with additional flour and use a rolling pin to roll out to 12" wide circle. Transfer to prepared pizza pan and roll over the edges to form a crust. Brush the whole surface of the crust with olive oil and then add your Margarita Toppings.
Pizza Margarita Toppings
- Stir minced garlic into your pizza sauce and then evenly spread sauce over the center of the pizza.
- Top with about half of your basil leaves and then evenly distribute plum tomato slices over the top.
- Scatter mozzarella cheese evenly over the tomatoes and then top with remaining basil ribbons.
- Transfer to 425 F oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Slice, and serve!
must say, your reciepe is great
thank you Torros.