Tradition says that fish is the meal of choice on Good Friday. Here is one easy recipe for a delicious grilled salmon! Enjoy.
This easy grilled salmon is a quick-cooking dinner that takes less than twenty five minutes to make and tastes just amazing! You could have this done both on your stove top using a heavy cast iron grill pan or outdoor on your gas grill.
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: About 25 minutes
4 (9-oz.) Salmon steaks (about 1.5 inch thick)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
4 Tablespoons butter
1/2 Cup lime juice
1/4 Cup honey
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Chopped cilantro (can be replaced with thyme)
- Bring the salmon to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Set a large cast-iron grill pan over low heat and preheat for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, brush the salmon lightly with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat under the grill pan to medium-high. Place the salmon, skin-side up on the grill, at an angle across the ridges of the pan. Cook until the fish has distinctive grill marks, about 3 minutes. To make cross-hatched grill marks, use a spatula to re position the fillets (keep the skin-side up). Cook 2 minutes more. Turn the salmon over, and transfer the grill pan to the oven.
- Continue cooking the fish in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes for pink inside, 5 minutes for medium, and 7 minutes for well done.
- Meanwhile make sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Stir until butter is melted and all ingredients are combined. Turn off heat and add cilantro.
- Remove the fish from the pan, and let rest for 2 minutes, to finish cooking.
- Pour sauce over salmon and serve.