With a few simple ingredients and a little muscle, go homemade with your own potato gnocchi. Whether you pair it with a tomato sauce or pesto, potato gnocchi is a deliciously hearty pasta to serve up for any occasion.
prep time 30 mins
cook time 30 mins
total time 1 hour
Serves: 4 Servings
1 ½ pounds potatoes
¾ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, scrambled
1 ¼ cup flour, plus more if necessary
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Fill with water and 1 tablespoon salt, make sure the potatoes are covered by two to three inches.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a medium-high heat, cook until potatoes are soft and can be pierced with a fork.
- Peel potatoes and half potatoes. Put each half in a ricer, and push potato through. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and cool for 1 hour.
- Once the potatoes are cool, pile in rectangular mound.
- Pour eggs over potatoes and sprinkle with 1 cup of flour. Using your hands slowly incorporate all the ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated, gently knead dough until smooth. avoid over kneading.
- Divide the dough into four quarters. Using your hands, roll each quarter into a rope, about ½ inch thick. Use flour as needed.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into gnocchi, they should be about ½ inch apart. The gnocchi should form a rectangular shape when cut.
- Using the tines of a fork, place the middle gently on the cut side of the gnocchi and roll forward towards the ends of the tine.
- To cook the gnocchi: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Add gnocchi in and cook for 7-8 minutes until the gnocchi starts to surface.
- Serve with any sauce.
looooooooove HOMEMADE POTATO GNOCCHI, and your recepie is THE BEST