The Best Chocolate Cake Combines Cocoa and Coffee to Create a Chocolate Lover’s Dream. The Rich Buttercream Frosting Makes it Perfect! A Two Layers Chocolate Cake With An Amazing Frosting... Enjoy
Yields: 12 Servings
Baking Time: 35 Min
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: About an Hour
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground coffee
1 cup milk buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable canola oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
3 cups - Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (See Recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
For the chocolate cake:
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, ground coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Frosting (See Recipe).