9 Inch / 230 mm VG10 Japanese Super Steel Gyuto Chef's Knife - Gift Box
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It is a true multi-purpose knife that can perform wide range of tasks, can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fishes, vegetables and fruits.
The pointed blade tip of the Gyuto is good for precision cuts or working in tight spaces. The relatively flat heel section of the blade is excellent for ‘rock chopping’ (A technique where the food is cut, chopped, or minced, by rocking the knife edge from tip to heel during the cut). and it is also tall enough to provide good surface contact with the knuckles when ‘tap chopping’ with the middle or tip of the blade. Finally, virtually any portion of the blade can be utilized to either ‘push cut’, or ‘pull cut’.
Gyuto are typically available in blade lengths between 180mm and 300mm. Sizes from 180mm to 210mm are often recommended to home cooks, while the 230mm to 270mm sizes are often chosen by serious amateurs and professional chefs.
For most users a Gyuto is practically the only knife needed in the kitchen. While specialized knives may be easier to use in some applications, there are few chores that a Gyuto cannot do in a pinch.
Unique Handle Design - Each Knife Has Different Handle Colors
- Material: Full Japanese VG10 Steel
- Total Length: 385mm / 15.2 inch
- Blade length: 230mm / 9.0 inch
- Knife Blade's Thickness: 2.5mm
- Handle Material : Astonishing Imported Sandalwood ( Curing process ) with Multicolored Pattern
- Blade Process : Mirror polishing + Pickling Process
- Net Weight : 198g ( ± 2% )
- Hardness : HRC60±1
- Features : Good Balance, very light and Durable handle, Strong and Sharp Blade
1 x 9 inch chef knife - Random Handle Colors